Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Stand Corrected - And I Am STILL A FAN!!!

Countdown to Kick-off:

68 hours, 15 minutes

Last year, there was a buzz in the air like no other that I could remember from the greatest week there is in all of college football. As you know, I am a fan. And being a fan means that one of the things I think about when I wake up is The Game,the BIG GAME, and one of the last things you think about falling asleep is The Game. Last year at this time, with two undefeated Titans of the Gridiron getting ready to do battle down in Columbus made me realize why its so much fun to follow The Game. What else can get you so charged up?

And then, the inconceivable happened with Bo's death the day before The Game and not knowing how to feel the next day. We should be celebrating and feeling the fire of wanting to beat OSU, but there we were in a moment of silence in Buckeye Stadium, no less, for our coach. At least the OSU fans showed some class and kept their yaps shut.

Then, we lost the game and got the shaft from the BCS system, only to lose an unispired game against USC.

And then, the beginning of this season, after a long hangover from losing to the aforementionedSuckeyes and Trojans, brought the program national attention of the wrong kind with a disaster of historic, even epic proportions that every Michigan Fan will have to deal with every day for the rest of their sports recall discussion life.

But Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to say that I have been re-inspired by friends and associates. That this Saturday, November 17, 2007, is a Holy Day of Obligation, and Michigan Football is the Religion. Let's not forget that Ohio is a 4 letter word and that all the JB Hunt Trucks south of the border will shut down for 4 hours on Saturday, so all the OSU grads can tune in to the game...and wish they had tickets in the Big House.
There have been great responses to the MMQ columns. Remember 1998 they said...Remember 1980 they said...and the words of one Bob Ufer, "Those first two games this season were Flukes! You have proven yourself to be the greatest football team in the land and you will go out and win the Rose Bowl, giving coach Bo his first Rose Bowl Victory!"

There was another great response from the Cleveland Connection:

HEY MMQ!!!!

Nothing is OVER until we decide it is! Was it
over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now.
'Cause when the goin' gets tough . . . the tough get goin'! Who's with me?
Let's go!"

"What the F&ck happened to the Michigan I used to know?! Where's the
spirit? Where's the guts, huh? Oooh, we're afraid to go with you Mike
(Hart), we might get into trouble." Well just kiss my @ss from now on! Not
me!! I'm not gonna take this. Domer, he's a dead man! Sparty, dead!
Buckeye, . . "

"DEAD. We could do it with a conventional offense, but that could take
weeks and cost millions (and continue to bore our fans). NO, I think we
have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really
futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. We're just the guys
to do it."

SO LET'S DO IT. Let's get back to basics and beat the Suckeyes!!!!

GO BLUE!

So my friends, Saturday will soon be here and I for one am Ready and Believing in Michigan Again!

No comments: