Thursday, November 8, 2007

3 Left and Counting....(10-29-07)

I am glad that Henne and Hart will be back this week in order to play the Sparties up in East Lansing....The roller coaster ride that is the Michigan reserves reminds me of the Heart Attack kids of 2005....You just never know what you're gonna get - balls on the field, balls flying in all directions, fumbles, dropped passes, etc....But, the Mighty Wolverines FINALLY took care of the Golden Gophers and insured that the Little Brown Jug stayed where it belongs, in Ann Arbor.....There was a trivia question during the game, and I would like to share it all with you: (Answer at the end)

What was the first year that Michigan and Minnesota battled for the little Brown Jug?
A. 1898 B. 1903 C. 1909 D. 1914

I have to admit, I thought this was a trick question because of the way it was worded, so be careful with your answer if you think you know it.....

UM - SPARTY WEEK: The Term SOS, which in Michigan Wolverine Fan vernacular means "Same Ole' Sparty" and in MooU vernacular means "Save Our SEASON - BEAT MICHIGAN" is handy in that it can be used by either fan...... So, Sparty, at least the MMQ can still call some things right....Even though I missed on a couple of your losses in my pre-season prediction, I did say that you would be in the middle of your swan song when the Mighty Wolverines would have to come up and complete the pleasant task of sticking a fork in your season..how you give up huge leads in games that you have statistically controlled ought to be made into a documentary of how NOT TO PLAY late in the game....Giving up and 2nd and 20 for a TD - to the lowly Hawkeyes who are playing for pride????? .........I commented incorrectly that I thought you might make a non-New Year's bowl in Texas....the non-New Year's part I got right, but I am not sure you are going to make it out of the state at this point....I am not even sure you can win again...So your whole bowl picture is down to the Motor City or nothing....However, as is SEEMS TO BE EVERY YEAR, Sparty fan somehow believes that a victory, even if it's the only one - over Michigan will make everything OK as you will be on your way to Detroit......But Sparty, here's the issue: Even if you beat us, you still suck. And with 1 loss in the Big 10, Michigan is still alive for a BCS game....Funny how that works when you win the games you are supposed to win in your conference....Please, PLEASE, Sparty, save all your "records don't mean anything in this game" and "This game means more to us than you" rhetoric....Of course it means more to you - u suck and we're still a legitimate contender....This could be the 1st of your last three "bowl" games......

GATORLAND: Uh-oh...Don't look now, but I don't know how Urban Legend can find his way into a New Year's day bowl game now....The Richy-Rich Puppy Dogs put a beating on the Gators and had them for a snack at the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party....The question is - when Mayer Whiner cries in an empty post game press conference that his team deserves to play on New Year's day, does he actually make a sound?

cornsuckers - I can't find smaller type...and I am not sure the cornsuckers deserve that....How do you have a Texas team - that isn't that good either - on the ropes in the 4th quarter and then let the RUNNING BACK single handedly beat you and rush for 200+ yards - IN THE 4TH Quarter? huskerfan, I don't know what the blackshirt defense means at this point, and I am not sure the whole husker image was nothing more than a mirage that was created by Osborn....I guess he can right the ship, but at 70, I am not sure he can live long enough to do it....

domers - Not playing makes for a great weekend, eh domer fan?

HOKIES - Tsk,tsk, tsk.....HOKIE FAN: I fell asleep on Thursday night with the Hokies comfortably in the lead with a 10 point margin with less than 2 minutes to go...what happened? It seems that you have given BC the right to play in the National Title game....Actually, in a way, I'm glad the season could work out this way...I would rather see 2 non-SEC teams battle it out, and I see LSU is vulnerable, so maybe this SUPER CONFERENCE can make enough noise with-in the NCAA to get rid of the BCS for a play-off......nah, it'll never happen....but I'm glad none the less that the SEC won't be there.....

SUCKEYES - Defeat an unimpressive Joe Pa team in Happy Valley Whiteout....I guess the Sweater Vested Troll will be undefeated coming to Ann Arbor this year....The bigger they are, the harder they fall....That ticket keeps going up in value....

HOT SEAT:
URBAN LEGEND MAYER WHINER: Think I'm wrong? Let's think about this....Spurrier will be available, or make himself available, after losing to Vandy and Tennessee - and maybe one more timewith Florida, Tenn, and Clemson on the schedule.......If Whiner loses again and the Ole Ball Coach makes a phone call to Gatorland, his alma mater where he won national titles and as a player won the Heismann,, do you think that Urban Legend won't be on the curb looking for work? You read it here first, MMQ fan....Trust me....This is closer than it may appear...
Weasel - yep - Don't see how the domers can go 1-11 and not at least think about axing the Weasel...but they won't....they will let him lose 3 more next year and do the deed....
Fullmer - this guy is cemented until he quits....I guess I have to take him off the list
SMU's Phil Bennet - oops - already got canned.....

GAMES OF THE WEEK:
MICHIGAN AT MooU - Need I say More?
SUCKEYES AT THE CHEESEHEADS: Should be interesting, but SUCKEYES SURVIVE.....
LMU at SATAN LAND: Can Les keep his record in the SEC to one loss or does SATAN find a way to beat his former school???

Did you read this far? The answer is C. Yeah, I know - the Little Brown Jug was PURCHASED in 1903 and left behind....A letter was written by the great Yost to say send it back after it was left behind in a stand emptying field rush when the Gophers tied the game late at 6-6...this is the first score recorded on the Jug....But Yost and company didn't go back and actually play for the Jug again until 1909....that's when the first Battle occurred....I know, trick question....

1 comment:

Msuperfan said...

I fear that LLLoyd will cause us to lose again by restricting the offense as usual. I sure hope that the retirement/LSU theories turn out to be correct. I can't stand much more of this offensive stupidity. Yes, the defense is not great either but we can score 42 points on any team with these players and the right strategy.