Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Students Fail

The M-Zone has a great post and I would be re-miss if I didn't mention it here.  The Student Section just plain didn't show up for the game against Purdue on Saturday.  I mean, what the hell?

That's WHY or it's a big part of the Why you went to Michigan, isn't it?  Yes, you're there to get a great education.  But in state, there were plenty of other schools that I could have attended and received a quality education at a reduced tuition.  But I wanted to go to Michigan to be part of the experience of Football Saturday.  And I stayed loyal to that team, even though my first year they went 6-6 and lost the Holiday Bowl to eventual National Champ BYU.

The only game I can remember not attending was the Minnesota game in 1986 due to a Computer class project that had to get done.  But every other game had my participation and attendance. 

Students, this is a time in your life that you will look back on and want to relate to.  Yes, sometimes the competition doesn't do attending the game justice if there's mid-terms to study for.  But believe me, not setting the curve isn't that big of a deal 10, 15, or 20 years later.  But remembering the Purdue blow out or something fun that might happen is a big deal and you will have wished you were there.

Now, with kids of my own, I barely make it to 2 or 3 games a year.  And I hate myself for that.  I allocate a large chunk of my family's entertainment budget towards Michigan Football and I should be able to take advantage more often, but other obligations make it impossible.  There will be plenty of time to "not go" to the games later in life. 

Go now. 

No comments: