Friday, September 30, 2011

FMQ - Let the Conference Games Begin!

Holy Crap! In case you haven’t seen or heard, Nebraska Fan is loaded and likes to travel places. Nebraska-Wisconsin tickets are going for as high as $1,500 in the Varsity Club level seating….That’s nuts, even to a ticket broker like myself. Makes me wonder what the Nebraska - Michigan premium might bring if these two are both still in the running come November?

Creampuff lineups are over…Not that the B1G can handle their cream puffs…SEC play begins in rabid fashion…And the MMQ can start looking at historical rivalries, revenge games and the little bits of edge that all the other bettors overlook…

Michigan (-19.5) vs. Minnesota
To say that I wanted to take Minnesota when I saw this spread come out is an understatement of IMMENSE proportions. Than, I looked at stats and results. Minnesota isn’t that good this year… I decided to wait and see what the move would be before betting. I’m glad I waited from the open (-20.5) and its moved a point. That’s enough for the bettor in me.
Take Michigan and lay the 19.5 for $40


Alabama @ Gatorland (+3.5)
Alabama surprised me against another rival SEC team last week. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice – NEVER!
Take Alabama and lay the 3.5 for $70

Stanford @ UCLA(20.5)
This one opened at an even 21 and they must need somebody on the other side as the bookies have thrown a half point teaser out there…I’ll be happy to fade Mr. Lucky and the three TD’s that he’ll probably throw against these clowns in the 1st quarter.
Take Stanford and lay the 20.5 for $80


MSU (+3) @ OSU
So, which Sparty team is going to show up? The one that plays like dog doo-doo on the road in hostile environs or the one that shellacs teams at home? Methinkgs it might be closer than anyone suspects…
PASS

Nebraska @ Wiscy (-10.5)
Here’s something that EVERY B1G fan knows: Wisconsin cannot be relied upon to cover big spreads in Big Games. This ought to be a great battle and I like the 10.5 that Nebraska is getting.
Take Nebraska and 10.5 for $30

EMU (-8) @ Akron
The Eagles have been very good to me this year. I like English, I think they are on the verge of doing some great things and I don’t think Akron has a very impressive resume to date.
Take the Eagles and lay the 8 for $60.

LMU (-28.5) @ Kentucky
I hate this game and I hate this spread. LMU and Kentucky just don’t seem to agree with each other. While Kentucky really, really, sucks, I can’t get over the fact that LMU’s defense and kick return team were responsible for 14 of last week’s 44 points against WVU.
PASS……..As much as I’d like to bet it…Dammit…

Parlay?

PARLAY!

3 team: 6 to 1
4 Team: 10 to 1

Three Team EMU – Stanford – Alabama:  $30

Four Team: EMU – Stanford – Alabama – Michigan:  $20


Starting BANK: $1,152
TOTAL WAGERED: $310
NEW BANK: $852


Enjoying the Ride…MMQ

No comments: