Monday, October 18, 2010

Black Birded - I Don't Like Where This Is Going...

What a weekend. If you don’t follow college football, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Before everyone starts jumping off the tallest building they can find, if you would have asked me how I “seriously” viewed this season, I would have said that we would probably be 5-2 at the bye. The other loss, FYI, wasn’t to Sparty. I really didn’t think we’d get past the Domers. Seriously. That’s what I have on my little schedule that I have pinned up on my office wall. And this game was extremely questionable, frankly. I believed we would need to play our best game of the year to beat Iowa.

And that pretty much turned out to be true. If Michigan doesn’t shoot itself in the foot the last two weeks the final scores would:
A. Be much closer and
B. Might even have someone else on the winning side.

Iowa was beatable. By the Michigan Team that showed up? I don’t know. There’s so much we do bad right now that I can’t even begin to start spreading the blame around. Defense, kicking, kick-offs (IN BOUNDS FOR JESUS TAPPING DANCING CHRIST’S SAKE!), defense, turnovers….did I miss anything?

Yes, when were down and we’re pressed to put points on the board, this team has an offense that can do that. But it’s not the kind of team that can get cute early and try to “control” a game. Frankly, I think they ought to run the two minute drill from the opening kick and simply try to outscore teams. Run and pass over them. Sooner or later, the other guy will screw up and hopefully, some way, they can win another game.

So, it’s now a 5 game season with any of these games being a W or an L. Frankly, I think all of them could go either way, with the obvious exceptions of Wisconsin and OSU. However, if on November 29th I’m sitting here typing that we went 3-2 and the 2 of the 3 teams we beat are Wisky and the Suckeyes, well, that wouldn’t surprise me either.

What will surprise me is if we somehow don’t find a way to at least 3 games, well, I’ll start getting the coffin ready for Rich Rod. And I am accepting liver transplant donations as I’m not sure there’s any way I can get through this season without one…Unless I just stop watching this train wreck altogether.

The Rest of the Mess
BCS Mess: Oklahoma is #1 in the BCS. There’s next week’s loser. At Mizzou…You can bet that the Tigers will be hungry. And Oklahoma hasn’t looked that great, with the exception of that FSU game…
Poll #1: Oregon. UCLA Thursday…Let’s not forget that UCLA somehow beat Texas. In Texas. But not on a Thursday night…

Can they both go down?

Well, well, well…Hee-hee…The Kiss of Death for the #1 team strikes again and the Suckeyes go down in Madison. And look who’s sitting atop the Big 10 as the lone undefeated. Our own little Sparty. Who’d a thunk that a mere 4 years ago you were looking at a disaster of a team coached by a loser of a coach from the Big East…And now you’re looking at a team that just likes to get in trouble with the law, but somehow wins football games. Careful going forward, Sparty. Highly ranked and undefeated teams represent a big target for hungry hunters…But you know what’s really sad? Even if you run the table, and through no fault of your own, I’m not sure you’ll have enough BCS style points or SOS to get into the Big One. That would be classic…You better start pulling for Michigan to bring that score up…
tSuckeyes vs Cheeseheads: Yes, I kind of called this one. It’s tough to win in Madison and it’s even tougher when you’re over rated. I actually believe the Suckeyes just might lose 1 or maybe 2 more before it’s all said and done…
The Ole Ball Coach vs. Kentucky: If anyone anywhere can ever figure out the SEC or figure out when the Ole Ball Coach is going to win the weak SEC East when it’s just sitting there for him, let me know. Actually, let him know.
Domers (JEEZ I HATE THESE GUYS!): Called this one, too. Maybe the conference Notre Dame should join is the MAC? Then, they could bully the NCAA into giving it AQ status and they would be in a BCS game every year! $warbuck$ - Get on that right away!
LMU: What – no fireworks? Last second clock gate? Just a ho-hum victory without any highlights? What the hell Les…You’re going to put writers out of business if you keep that up…
Auburn vs. Arkansas: My prognostication of this game did NOT include Mallet taking one to the melon and getting sidelined in the 1st half. Nor did it include a score that looked more like something you’d see on a basketball court. Auburn is looking tough…
Cornsuckers vs. Shorthorns: The Cornsuckers are back to being the Cornsuckers after letting me down Saturday. This was one of my best bets and I’m and thoroughly ticked off that they were dropping balls all over the place and “shooting themselves in the foot” ala Michigan…Don’t want to be mentioned in the same sentence as us? Don’t do dumb things…
Gatorland: How sweet it is – 3 in a row. And not the good kind. Out of the top 25. Urban Legend should have KNOWN the week he re-instated yet another criminal that he was going to have some bad Karma on Saturday. I mean, it’s academic. Maybe Urban wishes he would have stayed retired last year at Christmas. That, or he’s heading for the Big One…

Idle Thoughts From Saturday


-I’ve never liked Iowa
-Ever since the 1-2 match-up when Chuckles Long and Fry beat us when we were #1.
-I hated Haden Fry even more…
-I don’t like Ferentz
-Of all the I-schools, they seem to have our number more often than not…
-And, I mean, Jeez…They're an I-school for crap’s sake…
-Can the Suckeyes lose this game?
-How many other Sweetest Day dates were at a sports bar/restaurant where you could keep 1 eye on your honey and 1 on the tube?
-Every 23 years Sparty does something that makes me hate them again.
-I mean hate them. I go from hating Sparty to just feeling sorry for the pathetic thing they became to hating them all over again…
-Undefeated and Big 10 Champion Sparty would make me puke.
-And I’m not alone in that statement.
-So much for leaving the Big 12 with a bang, Cornsuckers…
-Gatorland sucks…Hee-hee…
-Can we win 3 more? 8 wins might save Rich Rod…7 doesn’t…
-I can’t go through another re-tool if it means ripping everything apart and starting over.
-Not unless it happens a lot faster than it happened this time.
-Not that it’s happened yet…

The Hot SeatMan oh man…You know, if you would all sign up for a google account (it’s really simple, honest) you could comment on the blog vs. just e-mailing to me and then everyone would get to read it. You know, get yourself out there in the mix of things… Be bold, be brave. Comment out loud for pete’s sake!

In last week's voting, though it was extremely close, Julie Bowen won again! However, based on Jamie’s finish (28-25), she might get the “MMQ’s Choice” for the Championship week voting. We’ll have to see.

When I was researching this week’s Hot Seat Mascot, again, sent by a loyal reader, I was figuring she would be an easy nominee to find “qualified” photos of. I was right. I think women all over are hoping to be SI swimsuit models with the hopes of becoming a future MMQ Hot Seat Mascot of the year! Without further ado: Hot Seat Mascot Nominee for Week #8: Marissa Miller!

Nice….

I wonder what the tensile strength of that string is?

Is that a swimsuit or underwear? I can never tell…




Week #8 Hot Seat Rankings:
1. Richy Rich – 4 losses in a row in the SEC? Check again – is your name still on the office door?
2. Rich Rod – Sorry…Can’t lose three times to Sparty and Iowa and not be here…
3. Les Miles – It’s cute for awhile, but LMU has to be sick of the shenanigans that take place on a weekly – monthly and annual basis with the Mad Hatter.
4. Joe Pa – I know, it pains me to put him here, too. But the natives are restless in Un-Happy Valley
5. Urban Legend – Oh yeah, baby! The Gatorland faithful are pissed and looking for heads…
6. Zookie – Beating PSU in a weak season doesn’t get you off the list
7. Dan Hawkins – Almost took him off after beating Georgia..But you can’t get off the Hot Seat by beating another Hot Seat Coach.

2010 GONE LIST
1. Brewster – Minnesota has lost its patience with this guy. 15-30 gets you canned from a Big 10 Middle of the pack team…

FMQ Betting Results:
Texas at Nebraska (-9.5): I’ll take the Cornhuskers and lay the 9.5 for $50.
LOSE – Damn you, Cornsuckers

Western at Domers (-22): Take the Domers and lay the 22 for $50
WIN: Domers are good for something…Bank $95

Arkansas at Auburn (-3): Take Arkansas and the 3 for $30
LOSE: So much for the little underdog strategy..

Illinois (+7) at SPARTY: I’ll take the Illini and the 7 for $20
LOSE: I hate Sparty…I really do…

OSU at Cheeseheads (+4): Take Wisky and the 4 for $15
WIN: At least Cheeseheads are good for something. Bank $28.50

Bank: $677

No comments: