Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can It Be? Can Michigan Make the Gator?

For a few of you out there, this is relevant. I assumed (you know, that whole ass out of u-and-me thing becomes more relevant all the time) that all the bowl prognosticators and predictors had this right with Michigan "projected" to go to the Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ on December 28th, 8:00 P.M. You know, one of those "oops I missed it" games if it doesn't have a team in it that you're particularly interested in. It made sense and we would solidify it with one win in the next two games....I know big ifs.

But here's what's interesting - MVictors has discovered, or rather, reminded everyone of what the new bowl rules are. That is, the Gator and the InSight bowl "SHARE" the 3rd and 4th pick from the Big 10. So, that means if they can't "negotiate" who will play where, they flip a coin.

What makes it even more interesting is that both Bowls will probably want Penn State with Joe Pa hanging up the whistle and everything. Assuming that, Michigan has an outside 50-50 chance of actually making it to Florida this year after all!

And even though I'd be the length of that damn state away (Have you driven Florida recently? It's frickin' LONG...) I think I owe it to my Alma Mater to at least try to make that game on January 1st at 1:00 P.M.

Here's hoping...Beat the Cheeseheads!

No comments: