Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Idle Thoughts Press Conference

To the alert reader that e-mailed me, “Hey – Where’s the Idle Thoughts?  I miss the Idle Thoughts when they aren’t there!  I was really looking forward to those this week!”

From the MMQ press conference when asked about the Idle Thoughts omission:

Well, you know, I want to apologize about that.  I was sort of beginning but, you know, not fully beginning to put some down and I had started with some Idle Thoughts from the earlier games that were kind of yawners.  And then, welllll, you know how sometimes you practice really well – and I had practiced the Idle Thoughts until I was rock solid with them Saturday before the Michigan-Sparty game.  But then, well, sometimes Idle Thoughts don’t exactly turn out like you plan or I fail to execute when I need to, even though I practiced great.  You know, when you work hard but the results don’t come in the Idle Thoughts…well, that’s just frustrating for an MMQ…Or any writer, really.  Nobody plans on writing that way nor do they plan on not even showing up and putting the work down on paper.  But it happens.  I didn’t plan it that way.  But gosh I was trying hard and working hard to get some down there on Monday.  I just didn’t. So, well, yeah, I’m going to go back this week and go back to work on those Idle Thoughts and see if I can’t improve upon and figure out where I went wrong and get a really good week of practice in regarding those Idle Thoughts.  Because this is a big boy game, you know, Blog Writing, and you don’t do this unless you expect to face some controversy every now and then….And for that I take full responsibility.

And again, mostly I just need to execute better when it comes to the Idle Thoughts.  And I take all accountability for not writing those Idle Thoughts down.   You know, because, well, even when you’re not executing at your maximum potential, well, you just have to be accountable and take the responsibility for it regardless.  I mean, I was vaguely aware that I might have omitted the Idle Thoughts, but on the other hand, you know, that’s entirely on me.

So I know everyone’s expectations were for Idle Thoughts to be in the Blog Post on Monday, but, well, you know, I’m going to have to work on that. 

As far as losing my michiganmanmmq blog spot or someone taking over for me, well, I just can’t worry about stuff like that.  All I can do is worry about all these little words lining up and making sense to all the readers every week.  That’s what’s important.  The little words.  Because if it weren’t for them, I mean, what’s it all about? 


But again, I want to apologize and let everyone know that there was no disrespect to any of the readers of this Blog, you know, because I didn’t execute the way I should have.  But I promise you that I’m going to stick with this a pull it all together this week and have a good week of practice and really come out Blogging after Indiana on Saturday.  

No comments: