Monday, August 30, 2010

GAME WEEK!

Well, it's finally here. I'm excited, nervous, elated and depressed. And that's just with the kids going back to school next week.

Why am I excited? 6th and 4th grade. Nervous? My oldest gets the "sex talk" this year at school. But with the music she listens to, I'm pretty sure she has it all figured out, anyway. Elated? Well, they're finally done with the vacation at Club White Lake where they believe every day of life is a boat ride, swimming, and a fun filled olio of excitement and God forbid they have even one day of rain or a chore to do or the "whole summer vacation is ruined". Depressed? Homework starts up again in the evening. And I hate having to come home from work and dive into homework. I know I'm supposed to enjoy that kind of thing as a good parent, but just between me, you and the internet, I can't stand it....

But, it's also Game Week. Michigan finally gets to unveil a new stadium, a better offense and a "hopefully" serviceable defense. The defense has me even more worried than before as more coaches are talking it up about how much better it's going to be...Talent equals victories and right now, I'm not counting a lot of W's coming from the defensive side of the ball....

Am I going to change my pre-season prediction? Well, that would be kind of unfair, wouldn't it? However, I will state that Woolfolk was starting and Turner was still here when I made the prediction. But I'm sticking with my gut and saying that Michigan will win more games than people are giving them credit for right now. Can they win 10? Not sure....

Check out mgoblog.com for details, but it sounds like there's going to be two flyovers at the stadium on Saturday. It should be a big, glitzy, commercial for the University of Michigan. Get in your seats early and drink that last beer standing in line at the gate.

And, in a line from "The Shawshank Redemption", one of my "guilty pleasure" movies, I hope Rich Rod can either "Get busy winning...Or get busy losing..." to put us all out of our misery.

No comments: