Thursday, October 29, 2009

The GO BLUE Banner - Brief History






One of the reasons I really like the "M Victors" blog is that Greg always finds fun trivia stuff to forward on. I mentioned earlier about his 6 part series on the Little Brown Jug and it was a fascinating read. Another tidbit is the history of the GO BLUE Banner. I had often wondered about the banner and why I didn't see it in a lot of the 50's and 60's games that you sometimes see highlights from. I figured it had something to do with the opponent, they only brought it out for the big boys or something. I also wondered how to get on the field to be one of the people that gets to hold it up.

The Origin of the Banner is at the right - Thanks Greg.


The M Go Blue Club is the group that dictates who gets to hold the banner pre-game and it is an honor that they alone get to decide based on a public service for recognition of a job well done.









No comments: