Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mary Sue Admits "Hiring Rodriguez a Mistake"

All I can say to that is, "Well.....Duh."

I mean, I think most of us realized we were on the road to a mistake when Sailboat Bill was left in charge to independently handle the hiring of the most important position at any major collegiate football university.   (With apologies to all the AD's and University Presidents out there.)

I know we've done this exercise before, but can anyone name an athletic director or president of a University off the top of their heads (with exceptions of $warbuck$, G.Gee, DeLoss Dodds, and a couple of others) or can you name the Head Football Coach of the Domers, OSU and Texas?  That's kind of what I mean....

You're head football coach needs to be more than a coach.  And a country bumpkin from WVU (no offense, EERS fans..) wasn't what the University of Michigan needed.  I don't think it was a mistake to open everyone's eyes up to the spread and the potential it has at the collegiate level....But there's a whole lot more to it than that.

Namely - DEFENSE, for starters.  But I'm not going into a rehash of all that....

Anyway, I just find it interesting that Mary Sue is coming out now and making a statement that for the most part is not only self explanatory, it simply doesn't need to be said.

It's painfully obvious now.    And you would THINK that a University President could see that.

No comments: