Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Coming! The MMQ Pre-Season Spectacular

The first e-mail came to me the other day with the first of the early bird Pre-Season polls. I forget which publication it was from, but it looked rather predictable. And it got me to thinking about this year's Pre-Season Spectacular and I started reading some of the past stuff to get the ole spark back. At least I want to sharpen the needle for future wins over many hated rivals. And while we're at it, the Corn Suckers can now be treated like Big10 bretheren and not "revered" for their mystique...But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

What was interesting is that I have been surprisingly accurate in predicting Michigan's record in the past. My pre-season analysis for this team is usually spot on down to predicting the who we would lose to and in some cases by how much.

Of course, this year, it would take a TOTAL CONTRARIAN to somehow rank Michigan in the top 25, much less have them knocking on the door of the top 10. Yes, the Defensive Line is returning 4 starters, (without the Great Brandon Graham) and the offensive scheme should be sufficiently in place for Tate and Denard...So, it kind of makes me wonder to the point of giving me an extremely small flicker of hope, but hope none the less.

Yes, there are readers out there that will immediately apply the slappy label on this. But, I believe there will be improvements. There has to be. The Rod's job is on the line and while getting to a bowl might not save him, I think it will at least force everyone to pause and look at where the program's going and what it could potentially become.

But, there's a whole lot of football coming our way. Finally.

It's been a long and tumultuous off-season and I look forward to the lighter side of my analysis.

No comments: