Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Urban Odds of Firing Are Sky-Rocketing & Camp Begins


Urban Legend Not Out Of The Woods Just Yet

I was going to wait and post on Friday, but this is getting a lot of momentum in the press and social media.  

McMurphy at ESPN apparently does NOT LIKE BEING CALLED A LIAR!  McMurphy interviewed Smith’s wife and actually got TEXTS from her and others that can prove  Urban Legend in fact had KNOWLEDGE of the attack in 2015.  As you may recall, Urban is on record from the B1G Media Days stating explicitly that he didn’t have any knowledge of the incident.  Here’s a link to McMurphy’s full account of what went down:


I highly, HIGLHY recommend reading Brett’s report in it’s entirety.  It’s a little long, but if you want to be able to know the facts, you have to read it.   The fact that there should have been a Title IX investigation in 2009 and 2015 is important.  There's also a suggestion that Police reports were "altered" in order to protect Smith and keep him from losing his job…And may be what eventually brings Urban down…

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview with the victim and other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff.
Courtney Smith, ex-wife of fired Ohio State assistant coach Zach Smith, provided text messages between her and the wives of Ohio State coaches – including Urban Meyer’s wife, Shelley – showing Meyer’s knowledge of the situation.
Meyer said last week during Big Ten Media Days that he had no knowledge of two alleged domestic violence incidents in 2015 with former assistant wide receivers coach Zach Smith that were investigated by the Powell (Ohio) Police Department.
Meyer said had he known, he would have fired Smith in 2015 – three years before he did last week after I reported the alleged domestic violence.
“All the (coaches) wives knew,” Courtney said.
“They all did.
Every single one.”

And here’s some texts from Zach to Courtney which, wow:

In September of 2015, a month before Courtney officially filed for divorce, Zach continued to send threatening text messages.
Zach texted Courtney: “The past 3 months. You were going to try to give me a chance a week ago and now, even though I have done NOTHING WRONG since then, you’re done with me. I will kill that bitch and everyone involved. For ruining my life. I am getting myself right and getting punished. F--- all of you.”
Zach to Courtney: “Just know that now… I will find you when your out. I will come seek the douche your with. I will f--- him up to the point that no one will recognize him”


Here’s a great article that has a clip of Courtney being interviewed about what she believed Urban knew and when he knew it:


Long story short:  Courtney Smith was texting all the coach’s wives and even forwarded pictures of what Smith did to her.  She got a text back from Shelly Meyer stating, “I have to tell Urban.”  Smith’s wife replied, “Please tell Urban.  He needs to know.”   And if the wives knew, the coaches had to know…

Uh-oh…

So now you have a text with Urban’s wife stating she’s going to tell Urban and Urban at the B1G Media days stating he didn’t know anything...  Where does that end up?  Does Shelly fall on the sword and say she never said anything to Urban? 

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next couple of weeks.  I am now starting to believe that there’s a real “chance” of Urban getting canned over all this and it definitely shows a character issue and a pattern of lying to save his own butt, which in and of itself should be a fireable offense under his turpitude clause, should the suckeyes man up and do the right thing. 

I’ve said it before and it’s worth repeating”:  The cover up is always worse than the crime

Camp Begins

Now that fall camp has begun, the submarine has submerged and all we’ll be seeing of the team and players for the next four weeks will be what the coaches allow us to hear in pressers.  There’s a couple of things I’m interested in, I guess in this order, and would like to know more about:

1.     Starting QB:  If it’s NOT Patterson, I’ll be shocked.  I get that Peters has a year under his belt and I agree that after watching the spring game, McCaffery looks like he’s a year older.  But Patterson with 2 years of experience with better receivers than he ever had a MSU has to be the guy.  If it’s not Patterson, he’ll definitely be the most in demand QB sitting on a bench. 
2.    The O-Line development.  Is the pass-pro getting better (It has to)?  Are the holes going to be open for Higdon?
3.    Speaking of which:  Will Harbaugh swallow his “NFL style drop back pass” offense a look to open up the field with the spread?  There’s at least three QB’s in the stable with spread experience.  Let’s take advantage of their skills.   After watching a YouTube clip of De-Rob’s performances over the years, I kind of miss the spread…
4.    Is Nordin out of his slump?  Simple answer of yes or no will be fine.  And I guess they really can’t answer that one until a big time extra point or kick is needed in a Big Game.  So, the domers will probably answer that one.
5.    How good can the Defense be after the loss of Mo Hurst?   I’m guess they can be just as good, but he will leave a hole…But this is really the least of my worries going into the season. 

ESPN Staff Ranks The NC Since Beginning of BCS Era

In what I’ll simply call, “A travesty and a waste of time by the ESPN staff”, they attempted to rank the 21 National Champions of the BCS Era.  While the ranking in my mind is WAY OFF, it’s interesting to see how they ranked who where and why.  In my mind, there’s no way the 2001 Canes cannot be at the top of this list.  And I would have had Texas down around 9th or 10th. So maybe I should just do this so you can be a more informed reader.



1.    2001 Canes:  That much NFL talent? 
2.    2004 USC:  That team dominated
3.    2013 FSU:  Winston could be anyone
4.    2008 Florida:  I hated “Teboism” as much as the next fan, but the kid could play…
5.    2011 Bama:  11-12 were probably Satan’s best teams..
6.    2012 Bama:  See 2011
7.    2009 Florida:  See 2008
8.    1999 FSU:  Great team….
9.    2017 Bama:  With as many LB’s that were hurt, they still dominated.  I know, didn’t win the SEC.  So what?
10. 2005 Texas:  Where they belong….

ETC

LNU Files Suit Against 13 Insurance Companies

I guess you could say no surprise here as someone besides LNU has to cough up the dough for this mess.  Just for a refresher, PSU also sued their insurance company and ended up getting some money from them, also.


I guess when you’re in the insurance biz, some day you’re gonna have to pay…

UT Players Found NOT GUILTY Of Rape

In a story that I followed since it happened and I suspected was yet another case of, “Crap – Everyone found out that I just banged two football players”, the UT players were found not guilty of rape. 

Now, where is the justice for the players and how should this false accuser be punished?  There should be ramifications and severe penalties for her. 


No comments: