Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The FMQ Week #13: The Game - Version #115


HATE… 

Verb – feel intense or passionate dislike for someone or something
Noun – Intense or passionate dislike


(Respect Week)
The University Of Michigan vs. The Ohio State University
is the definition of HATE.
I often wonder about rivalries that go away.  What do the HARDCORE FANS DO WITH ALL THE HATE? 
Texas A&M vs. Texas?
Nebraska vs. Colorado?
Nebraska vs. Oklahoma?
Penn State vs. Pitt?

How do you get satisfaction?
Yes, Michigan fans have a special but small place in their hearts filled with hate for the domers and LNU.  That will always be there.  And there are other times hate will rise up when someone Michigan is playing either beats the Wolverines or wrongs the Wolverines in some way. 
I hate the Cornsuckers for hurting Denard in what was a very promising season.
I hate when the Brown Jug goes off to Minneapolis
I hate the Purple Kitties from all the way back to 1994-95-96 for ruining great Michigan Seasons…and stealing the play calls from the sidelines
I hate Purdon’t from the time when Drew Brees defeated another great Michigan squad…
I hate Wiscy for getting better and being an annoying little gnat in both Football and Basketball when they used to be a bunch of pushovers…
I hate the Terps for beating Michigan in the Big House during Hoke’s final days…
I hate that Michigan lost to Rutgers during their first conference clash
I hate Penn State for a variety of reasons…Too many to list…
I’ve hated Iowa and Kinnick Stadium since 1985 when Chuck Long beat the Wolverines 12-10 ruining a Perfect Season in the process…
I now hate Indiana for reasons cited on Monday
I’ve hated USC ever since the “Phantom TD” in the ’79 Rose Bowl
I hate Alabama for getting away with everything that the SEC gets away with…
BUTBIG BUT – There’s a HATE inside of every Michigan Fan that can’t be matched by anyone, no matter how much you wrong us. 
And this has gone on long enough. 
Enough Embarrassment. 
Enough Frustration. 
Enough Defeat.
Let that Anger regarding all of the above burn into HATE.
That’s the HATE we have for Ohio State.
The Hate’s been dormant for awhile, I know.  It’s been a humbling ride since 2006 when Michigan was last competitive in The Game.  It came back a little 2 years ago when Michigan was a mere 1st down away from winning in Columbus.  Last year, Michigan held a 20-14 lead going into the 4th quarter.  But it slipped away. 
It’s been hard to get up for The Game when you knew from the onset that there was probably a loss coming after a valiant 3 and a half hour battle. 
But this year, This REVENGE TOUR, won’t be complete until the last piece of the puzzle is snapped into place. 
That’s with a W in Columbus and a celebration like no other.
When the Buckeyes and their Faithful are weeping after losing to that Team Up North.
We’ll cackle with glee and ride that wave of delight all the way to Indy, where Michigan will have one additional task to complete before going off to the CFP.
But the next game on this Journey is important.  It’s a must Win.  And not just for Harbaugh. 
It’s For everyone.  Players, students, alumni and fans. 
We need this. 
Because we HATE the Buckeyes.
Just Do It.
FINISH!!!


THE FMQ
Last Week was brutal.  But it’s Rivalry Week and you know we’re gonna bet games! 

This week’s picks:
Miss State @ Ole Miss “The Egg Bowl” (+10):  MSU should handle the Ole Miss Rebels quite handily.  But these two team really do hate each other and I’m so tempted to take points.  But I can’t.  Not in this one.  
Take MSU and lay the 10 for $20
Oklahoma @ WVU (+2):  Oklahoma needs to win this game to keep any play-off hopes alive.  WVU just had theirs crushed by Okkie State.  I think the Laters find a way in Morgantown.... 
Take Oklahoma and lay the 2 for $20
Washington @ WSU “The Apple Cup” (-2.5):  The Pirate is “THIS CLOSE” to clinching a berth in the Pac 12 Title game and a little further away from the CFP.  But there’s a chance.  I know history says go with Washington here.  I think history is about to change…
Take WSU and lay the 2.5 for $20
Georgia Tech @ Georgia (-17):  Can Georgia’s defense handle the Triple Option of GT?  I think they will, but I bet the Wramblin’ Wreck from Tech finds a way to keep it closer than 17…
Take GTU and the 17 for $20
Auburn @ Bama “The Iron Bowl” (-24):  What?   This is a rivalry game, fergodsakes!   I just don’t see how I can’t take the points here, but I’ll probably be mad at myself come Monday…  
Take Auburn and the 24 for $20
South Carolina @ Clemson (-26.5):  Again – WHAT?   Still a rivalry game, isn’t it?  I mean we all were thinking South Carolina might be decent this season.  Can’t they hang closer than 26.5??
Take South Carolina and the 26.5 for $20
Kentucky @ Louisville (+17):  Louisville is a mess…Kentucky wants to thump someone.  There’s hate here….     I shouldn’t but take the Wildcats and lay those points.   
Take Kentucky and lay the 17 for $20
Notre Dame @ USC (-11):  This is more in line with what a Rivalry Spread should be.  The domers are playing the best football they’ve played in a couple of decades.  USC is a mess, but may find a way to hang around in this one.  Still, I think the domers might have a late cover.
Take the domers and lay 11 for $20
Nebraska @ Iowa (-10):  Iowa just boat-raced the Illini scoring 63.  Nebraska hung around to beat LNU in a sloppy mess.  Weather will be a little better and I like the Cornuskers here.  Don’t ask me why.
Take Nebraska and the 10 for $20
The Gophers @ Wiscy “Paul Bunyan’s Axe” (-11):  The Gophers are so friggin’ up and down this season and Wiscy is NOT Wiscy.  Seems like a lot of points in a trophy game.  The Gophers usually surprise…Can they hang around?
Take the Gophers and the 11 for $20
Rutgers @ LNU “LNU’s MAIN RIVAL Game!” (-27):  Am I the only one to notice that LNU hasn’t scored a TD since October?  No?  So, how on earth, in an empty stadium, will LNU score at least 4 TD’s to cover this spread?  I don’t think they will…
Take Rutgers and the 27 for $20
Michigan @ The OSU “The Game” (Open: +1.5  Today:  +4):  I saw this opening line and immediately said, “I’ll take it!”  The other wise guys out there obviously did the same thing.  This should be the year, but it’s still “The Game”.  It makes or breaks your season.  It’s back to the way it used to be.  So let’s get Michigan back on the right side of history.
Take Michigan and lay the 1.5 for $50.
PARLAY!
3 Bet/Team Parlay:   6-1
Domers – Oklahoma - Michigan:  $50
TOTAL BET:  $320
Bank:  -$107.5  (Guido’s coming to break my legs if I don’t win this week!)

No comments: