Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rod's Love Affair with the Domers started at WVU...

Hee-hee.....Special Thanks to Maize and Brew for catching this one....

It seems that Rich Rod's love for Notre Dame (read - JEEZ I HATE THESE GUYS!) started at WVU when in 2002 the 9-3 Mountaineers were displaced by the 10-2 Domers for a New Year's Day Bowl game....

Quoting the Rod:

"I don't know if slighted is the right word, but I do question sometimes what is Notre Dame's affiliation with our league," Rodriguez said.

Notre Dame, an independent in football but a Big East member in nearly every other sport, was added to the league's portion of the BCS mix after the 1997 season.

"I know this agreement was made earlier," Rodriguez said. "I'm just a football coach and our players are just players, but we don't understand some of the political things. I don't understand why Notre Dame is getting the best of both worlds. I think the Big East is a great league and we can stand on our own. In my opinion, Notre Dame either needs to get in or get out."

So, it would seem that the "Get in or get out" mantra is also true for the Rod at Michigan...That victory over Weis and company last fall was obviously pretty sweet for Rich. And I believe that, given time, he'll have a few more over the Domers before it's all said and done....

And the Domer's are going to get forced somewhere, that much I'm sure of. The Where is the only thing left that remains to be seen.

No comments: