Friday, May 14, 2010

Ernie and Bo

You know, there aren't many people that remember, or rather, care to remember that Bo worked in the Tiger organization for about 2 years. Part of that reason is because Bo did something that to this day, always kind of baffled me and other Tiger and Michigan fans by letting one of the most famous announcers of all time go. Yes, Bo was the President of the Tigers when Ernie Harwell was given a 1 year contract before being sent to pasture and replaced by Rath"buns" and the clown...Whoever he was....

I remember it actually happened on my birthday and I would like to thank MVictors for providing some of the missing details, and also adding that Bo was doing what he thought was the best for Ernie, The Idiot behind Dominoes, and the Tigers. Needless to say, Bo still holds a special place in my heart, I still LOVE the Tigers, but I don't eat Dominoes Pizza - Even when I'm starving.

So, while it was a screwy time in Tigers' history and was yet ANOTHER lesson as to why outside consultants don't necessarily know shit from shynola, I think both Bo and Ernie made the best out of a bad situation.

And the Idiot is still living the life of a born again catholic and is at least out of professional sports....

No comments: