Monday, October 27, 2008

MOO U Gets Lucky In the BIG HOUSE

MOO U Finds Luck in the Big House

God….To think I was at the game the last time MSU beat us in the Big House and Desmond Howard was mugged in the end zone on what would have been the winning two point conversion, and now I had to witness this game in what can only be remembered as the (insert your own superlative adjective here) season in the history of Michigan Football.

Rich Rod just plain doesn’t get it, and I am starting to get a lot of positive re-inforcement from the games that support the hypothesis that he’s not a very good coach. Rosenberg had a great article in Sunday’s wrap, and I will summarize: How does a team that lost 3 starters on defense and finished ranked 23rd in the country overall on defense manage to go so far down as to be ranked in the triple digits on defense? Now, I know the offense IS NOT HELPING MATTERS. However, I expect more from Michigan Defenses….And this is NOT a Michigan Defense. What the hell do the coaches do with this team during the week? At least we had the vision to see that Morgan Trent isn’t that great of a corner and we yanked him…..But, Jeez, we really, really suck….

Record: 2-6. Let that sink in for a minute…..We were laughing at the Domers (rightly so) for a 3 win season….I am looking at the next four games and frankly, I can’t find one where I think we are better than 50-50% at winning……Yep, a lot like the ole stock market, it’s going to get a LOT WORSE before it gets any better….

So, Sparty – do you fade after this victory or do you make New Year’s Day? Time will tell….

THIS JUST IN: Did anyone else know that RICH ROD HADN’T SIGNED HIS CONTRACT UNTIL FRIDAY???? Yeah, me neither….Should have canned him before we let him sign…Fire Martin and Coleman for that F-up………

The Rest of the Mess

AUBURN AT WVU (Thursday): This game wasn’t even close….Tubberville (Two Tone) is back on the hot seat after the egg they laid in Morganton….

PSU KITTIES – SUCKEYES: Well, there was at least ONE good thing that happened Saturday….The Suckeyes lost, too. That was a great game and love seeing the tears in the Suckeye Fan’s eyes after their beloved Nuts Crack like a brittle bone when they have to play a good team in the National Spotlight….Beware Michigan, Suckeye Nation….We will be coming to the shoe with nothing to lose….

SHORTHORNS – OKIE STATE: Texas doesn’t miss a beat and handles Okie State, but it was a game to the finish….Texas Tech Looms on the horizon….

SATAN vs. CREMESICLES: Yep…Fire Fullmer has to be a statewide mantra at this point…Phil needed to beat one of the new guys and he was creamed by all of them….

PUPPY DOGS – LMU: Okay, okay….Maybe I am voting too much with my heart this year and not my head….But how does a team get taken to the woodshed by Satan Nation and then just rip up LMU at HOME???? Maybe Les isn’t as good a coach as I thought, either….

VIRGINIA – Georgia Tech: Al Groh DOES IT AGAIN! I figured the Wramblin’ Wreck would have pounded these guys….I guess Groh is off the hot seat, so I need a replacement…Maybe

HOAKIES – FSU: BEAMER! You mean to tell me you guys COULDN’T PUT THE FINAL NAIL in the Bowden Boys coffin and beat Bobby at FSU? Sheesh……I mean, how long a bye does Beamer get before Hokie Nation gets restless?

GATORLAND - Kentucky: Wow – What exactly did the Wildcats do to piss you off? Urban usually doesn’t run it up, either….Was this to get Tebow back on top of the Heismann voting?

DOMERS: Byes are nice….. Oh wait, you played someone….It was a scrimmage, let me think…Oh yeah, I guess you got your former Coach Willingham fired again…Maybe…No reports as of yet…

IDLE THOUGHTS FROM SATURDAY

1. It has to get better…It has to get better….It has to get better…It has to get better..
2. There is always next year….There is always next year…There is always next year..
3. At least we had 1997…At least we had 1997…At least we had 1997….
4. So, in the spirit of finding schools to root for based on their team’s performance and how their fans inspire me, well, I do like Alabama…But I HATE THEIR COACH!









5. I like the Chaps, but not at the Rose Bowl….So, therefore, we can’t root for Texas…





HOT SEAT

This week’s HOT SEAT MASCOT: Actress and MICHIGAN FAN Felicity Huffman…Anyone who supports the Maize and Blue get’s a shot as the Hot Seat Mascot…






And, well, she can eat crackers in the Big House Any time!






1. T.BOWDEN – GONE
2. Fullmer – You can’t lose to Urban, Satan, and Richy Rich all in the same season and expect to keep your job…
3. Wilingham – A great guy…May be gone before I go to post…..
4. Tommy Tutone – No Conference Title, Bowl is questionable….
5. RICH ROD – Yep. Honorary Seat. Pissing me off will get you on this list….


GETTING WARM:

1. Ferentz – demoted to make room for the Rod…
2. Bill & Mary Sue– They are on this list until Michigan proves they made the right decision….
3. The Ole Ball Coach - If his team loses to Fullmer’s Cremesicles…Well, they will be squawking for his head, too…..

Games of the WEEK
1. SHORT HORNS vs. TEXAS TECH : Will the upstart and BCS 6th ranked Red Raiders find a way to take McCoy down a notch?
2. CORNSUCKERS AT LATERS: Remember when this game meant something? Kind of Like Michigan - MSU.....But the Suckers and Laters care, I know....
3. PITT at DOMERS: I am not sold on the Domers this year...They finally get another test...
4. GATORLAND AT PUPPY DOGS: Urban and Richy-Rich square off in WORLD'S LARGEST OUTDOOR COCKTAIL PARTY!!!!!
5. MICHIGAN vs. SPOILERMAKERS: In a Battle of Ineptitude, two Big Ten teams kick punts at each other until somebody screws up a snap and makes the final score 2-0.

No comments: