Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Michigan and the Illini

Observations from the Game:


That's a good trick!


One of my daughter’s favorite comments when I am verbally “lamenting” my team’s performance, throwing objects at the TV and I’m in a generally crappy mood:

“Daddy, is it still ‘Great to Be a Michigan Wolverine’”

I have to remind her that, yes, it is Great to be a Michigan Wolverine…Just not always. At least it’s better to be a losing Wolverine than a winning Domer….


Thoughts and Observations from the Game:

1. I usually find something to take away fom every game. This one is tough. QB Play – Horrible. O-line play – Horrible. Running back- IF THESE CLOWNS DROP THE BALL ONE MORE TIME…..
2. I am not sure I can make it through the learning curve of the Rich Rod Offensive era without losing my mind…It’s just not going to be easy…
3. Does Rich Rod realize that EVERYONE looks at a down Michigan team as an opportunity to get YEAR’S of revenge back for teams that have never beat the Wolverines?
4. Is Zookie that good? I mean, Juice Williams is good….But is Zook that good of coach? I’m not so sure…
5. I now know what it’s like to have a really crappy team and not a whole lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. Frankly, Toledo makes me nervous.
6. Wait a minute - We came back against a Wisconsin team that nearly beat OSU at home this week….So, does that make us better than what we appeared on Saturday, or is OSU not as good as advertised? Interesting…
7. McGuffy could be good if someone would friggin’ block for him.
8. I about threw up when Odom fumbled the kick-off. I thought we were done with that.
9. Pass – then run. Rich Rod…..Pass, then run…
10. Maybe our Defense isn’t that great, either….
11. I guess I do wish we would have won the Terrel Pryor Sweepstakes now…
12. Citrus and Outback bowl officials were sad that they wouldn’t be able to welcome Michigan to their bowls this year. I just hope we make the – Dare I utter the words – Motor City Bowl?

Okay – that’s out of the way. Yes, Michigan lost. And I allowed myself to think that something happened against Wisconsin….Which maybe it did, maybe it didn’t.

On to the Rest of the Mess

SPARTY: Took care of the Hawkeyes at home. Don’t worry that it wasn’t pretty…Nobody cares come bowl time…

DOMERS: I thought Jimmy Harbaugh would come in with a better game plan to knock Clausen off his game. But, that’s the way the Domer bounces. Just when you thought they could lose to someone, they show up.

GATORLAND: Yeah, you can pummel Arkansas…Still doesn’t erase the fact that you lost to Ole Miss….

VANDY COMMODORES! – Congrats! Beating Auburn and going 5-0 for the first time since Ike was president is impressive.

CORNSUCKERS: Pelini has a LONG way to go to restore the Black Shirt Defense to where it once was…and he knows it…Even if one of his players did hock a loogie on Daniel…

CREMESICLES: Really establishing themselves with a 13-6 win over Noerthern Illinois….but a win is a win…

BAMA: Got a scare from Kentucky…Could have easily gone the other way…

HOAKIES: Won the game, lost key players….Injury bug is hitting Hoakies hard.


SEC EAST
1. Vanderbilt

Did you ever THINK you would see that in OCTOBER????


Idle Thoughts While Watching the Rest of the Day's Games


1. Why can't the ACC maintain a good conference? They have the Ocean, weather, for the most part, and old, storied institutions....

2. For that matter, why can't FSU recruit better? It can't be that the local talent isn't helping....



















It must Be Bobby Bowden's Fault.......

3. Hoakies could own the ACC if they wanted to...But can't seem to get it done

4. What about the Big 12? Are they going to start the Dominant Conference Claim and challenge the SEC for superiority? Especially when Vanderbilt is leading the charge in the SEC East....

5. Will the Big 10 EVER have any respect again? OSU keeps screwing that up...Michigan held up there end of the deal by Beating Gatorland and Urban Legend.

6. I wonder what ever happend to Schlister?

7. Great College QB's are not necessarily Great Pro QB's....But I foresee Chase Daniel in a - dare I say it - Lion's Jersey?

8. And that could be a Good Thing....

9. Can State get to a BCS game this year? That would be a first for them...And would beat my prediction that Michigan Men's Basketball would make the Sweet 16 before State made a BCS Bowl....Nutz.....

10. JEEZ I HATE THE DOMERS!!!!!



Just to make sure you are all still reading this - and reading TO THE END: I think it's time to start adding some nonsense to the drivel for a little Monday Morning Wake Me Up (And is also a GREAT Mascot for the HOT SEAT-Pun Intended):

HOT SEAT MASCOT OF THE WEEK!
Gemma Atkinson - English Actress and Lingerie Model, Likes Beer and MICHIGAN FOOTBALL!

SUPER HOT-HOT-HOT Seat - Or the Race for Skip Holtz (Thanks partly to USA Today for Stats)

1. Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee 1-3 148-48 (17th season)
2. Tommy Bowden, Clemson 3-2 72-44 (10th season)
3. Greg Robinson, Syracuse 1-4 8-32 (4th season)
4. Ty Willingham, Washington 0-4 11-29 (4th season)
5. Kirk Ferentz, Iowa 3-2 64-51 (10th season)
6. Al Groh, Virginia 1-3 52-40 (8th season)

Getting WARMER

1. The Ole Ball Coach - South Carolina
2. Petrino - Where will he go next? Arkansas faithful are pissed about 2-2 record..
3. Wuzzles - just because....
4. Satan - as soon as he loses a game with "superior" talent to someone he shouldn't
5. Richy Richt - How can you lose to Bama with SUPERIOR TALENT? (See what I mean about the SEC?)

Games of the Week


1. RED RIVER SHOOTOUT - Or whatever they call it...Texas and Oklahoma. I liked the Laters initially...But I think maybe the Mac Attack with the Real McCoy might prevail...

2. THURSDAY NIGHT LIGHTS: Clemson Vs. Wake Forest - this could be the game where Skip ends up number one on the list for the Clemson Job...

3. LMU at GATORLAND: Not as big a game after Gatorland lost to Ole Miss, but a must see none the less....

4. PSU at the CHEESEHEADS: A little luster fell off this game, but a key Big 10 matchup.



Till next Week....



MMQ

No comments: