Thursday, August 24, 2017

Getting Closer!!!

Has The Entire Civilized World Lost Their Mind?
Do you ever see something and think for a split second that, “This can’t be happening.  People are more intelligent than this.  We cannot believe for a second that people would really think something like this could possibly offend….anyone.”  Case in point:  Robert Lee, an ASIAN play by play guy for ESPN got moved from the Virginia game on opening weekend (where the Charlottesville Mess occurred) due to the fact that his NAME might trigger…something in someone.  In someone or some group that preaches tolerance above all else…And these groups are otherwise fine….As long as you agree with whatever it is they’re saying or believing!
That’s nuts, right?  Tell me it’s crazy because when I see and read stuff like this I think I’m losing my mind.  And I think PEOPLE CAN’T BE THAT STUPID!!!
And that’s not a challenge!  I’m not asking you to get “Stupider!”  Grow up and deal with stuff fergodsakes!!!
And what the hell is triggering?  I guess I get triggered all the time. Albeit by way MORE IMPORTANT STUFF… Go ahead.  Mention that the domers are a more historically important Football Program than the University of Michigan….
I DARE YOU!
That’s a trigger, or one of my main ones, I suppose…
And There’s This
Sent to me by loyal readers and it went viral on a lot of social networks.  I would have preferred the actual Wolverine and perhaps the guy that Spider-Man fought that looked a lot like an alligator, but I’ll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt here in that they were trying to portray the game in a good light.
Still…Something with these two on the cover may have looked a lot cooler….

Can Harbaugh Carry on 3rd Season Tradition?
I hate putting more pressure on a situation that’s already pretty full of pressure, but this is Harbaugh’s 3rd season in Ann Arbor.  The “Greats” who’ve won it all in their 3rd season?
Satan – Twice.  At LSU and at Bama
UM (that’s Urban Meyer) – Twice.  At Florida and at osu
The pressure’s on. And if I know Jimmy, the internal pressure he’s putting on himself is probably higher than anything anyone else or the media can put on him.  But the time is now.
I know it’s a pretty tall order, but Jimmy has some work and Championships to win if he wants to make this list:
And Yes, I’m a little ticked that somehow Leahy is above Yost on this list at 4….Yost was a WAY BETTER Coach than Leahy ever was.  Just sayin’….
Maybe the MMQ should put together his own top 25?
I Like This Idea…And It Won’t Go Away…I HATE IT When That Happens
Mostly cause I’ve done some research, figured out what it would cost, and it meets a several of the tailgate needs.  I’d really like to be able to sit down at times at the old tailgate, but there’s not a good way to seat EVERYONE.  But even if you could just sit for a few minutes at a time and then go over and toss your can for the “Can Game” and then grab a seat when one opened up, it would be nice.  Not only that, but the pain of having to replace tailgate tents would more or less go away.  I’m envisioning a heavy tarp or boat hoist type canvas as the cover.  And you’d have a built in crap containment system in addition to a nice grill at the tailgate vs. a portable cook top that sometimes takes a while to get everything cooked…
Going to discuss it with Tom the Parking Lot Guy as to whether or not it’s even legal to have in our parking lot as RV’s and “large vehicles” are no longer permitted.  If he blesses it, well, I just might have to take it upon myself to build this little sucker.  Would be nice to have a place in Ann Arbor to store it and then just shoot down early, haul it into the spot, and then haul back to the storage spot when the time came….
Imagine for a moment:  What would our lives be like without Bill Murray?
Seriously, I was getting antsy about the upcoming season and all the things were looking forward to seeing, developing and just getting back to playing (and watching) some football. And I stumbled on a Bill Murray quote and a post started to come together in my head.  All the classic Bill Murray one-liners uttered by some of the great characters he has portrayed throughout his career….And then I started thinking about the number of times I’ve used Bill Murray movie lines in daily conversation.  I have to believe that I use one on average at least twice a week…
But wait!
Listen – Do you smell something?
And I know that’s Dan Akyroyd, but Bill gave us the “normal humans wouldn’t stack books like that!”
I’m really not sure what I wanted to post about, it just seems like I need to get into the rhythm of writing again.  It does take practice and practice, of course, makes perfect…Look at the pointers Bill Murray gives the kids as the great Ernie McCracken!!!
Ernie McCracken As a Big Dad
And what’s football without leadership???  Leadership is critical in any endeavor and we learned from John Winger you don’t have anything if you don’t have leadership…and a Big Toe!
Seargent Hulka’s Big Toe
On top of that, but it seems like Frank Cross is running the advertising unit at ESPN marketing and wants to make sure we don’t miss any of this season’s “Games of the Century!”   After all…Your life may depend on it!
Frank Cross Makes a Commercial
We cannot forget about Bob Wiley and his incredibly “Sane” logic regarding his divorce revolving around your attitude regarding Neil Diamond.  I love this line as I have longed believe that there’s two kinds of people in this world:  Those that like the domers and those that absolutely HATE the domers (JEEZ I HATE THESE GUYS!!!)  And no matter how hot you look or how nice of a guy you are, if you like the Domers, we simply can’t be friends. 
What About Bob?
And let’s not forget that Carl Spackler showed us why there’s always Cinderella’s that come from out of nowhere and get to go to the ball for the first time!
Carl Spackler’s Cinderella Story
So yes, I guarantee you your life is funnier because of Bill Murray…

No comments: