Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cam Newton Did Nothing Wrong - Let's Start Pimping Out Our Stars!

Okay, let me get this straight....It's so incredibly stupid that this can actually happen that my mind simply refuses to accept it:

The NCAA stood up and not only declared Cam Newton eligible to play Saturday, but he's more or less been absolved of any and all wrong doing according to NCAA bylaws. On top of that, Cam's old man is now LIMITED (Whatever that means) to Auburn Athletics.

I'm sure that's just breaking Cam's old man up...

Wojo over at ESPN, Andy Staples and others have an opinion on this. They were much more appros pos in their comments. Allow your own MMQ to express EXACTLY what I think this means:

What a crock of steaming, wet, sloppy, stinking BULLSHIT!

So, the NCAA is now telling me that Michigan has to go on probation for having about 23 hours of too much practice and also having a paid assistant help out and observe some practices, but Cam's old man can go around and pimp his son to the highest bidder and Cam can bounce along stigma and penalty free so long as he "claims" he had no knowledge of what the old man was doing?

Really? REALLY? I mean, REALLY?????

I don't mean this to be disrespectful to Cam Newton in any way. I'm not saying that he should be ineligible for what he has or hasn't done. I'm also not saying you shouldn't vote this guy for the Heisman if you honestly believe that's the end of the story.

But if I'm SUPPOSED to believe that Cam has some long distance relationship with his father and he really has no clue as to what the crazy old coot is doing, why not come right out and state that from the GET GO? Why not decnounce this crazy old F@#($^er for what he is?

Please - answer that simple question? Do you know your father or don't you? Is he a respectable guy? Would he do that? And why didn't Cam just out him for what he was? Didn't he owe that to Auburn and his team mates?

What's happened is not only a loss for college football, but it's also demonstrated exactly how stupid and weak the NCAA is when it comes to policing anything that actually matters in the world of the student athlete. I'm not going to sit here and say I have a better idea or a better way to do it. All I'm saying is that if the athletic association is going to have a governing body, for Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ sake,

GOVERN!

Just to illustrate what a frickin' loophole this is, let's say I'm an uncle of a really talented prospect. Hell, let's just say I'm a good friend of the family. I find a school like, oh, let's say MSU for the sake of argument. (Sorry, Sparty - that's just what came to mind when I thought "cheaters").

Now, let's just say that an assistant coach from this school shows up at this superstar's game and I see the coach. I saunter over and have a little discussion. Introduce myself. Make eye contact with my nephew and he shoots me a little wave, as always. And I let this coach know that for $100 G's, I'll see to it that the superstar goes to MSU even though he really wants to go to Michigan. So, he puts me in touch with a booster. That booster negotiates with me and we agree to a price. I get paid.

Whether or not the superstar goes to MSU or not. What's the school or booster gonna do? Hunt me down? Take me out?

I'm sure this crap goes on all the time at certain schools. I mean, it's not like it would be the first time this ever happened. Problem is, anyone who was thinking it has now just been given a blueprint by the NCAA to show you EXACTLY HOW TO GO ABOUT DOING IT to make sure if anything ever surfaces, there's plenty of deniable plausibility on the part of the superstar.

Sigh...This just rubs me wrong in so many ways that I don't know what to think anymore....

No comments: