Friday, January 3, 2014

O'Brien Speaks.....

Just as I guessed, O'Brien was a little upset with the Paterno Loyalists at PSU and took the first opportunity to bolt that was presented to him.  It seems that no matter how well you do or how much of a kiss ass you are in a place that had a legend for a coach....you're not gonna be liked.

Here's the link.

Some excerpts:

That really riled O’Brien up.
“You can print this: You can print that I don’t really give a ---- what the ‘Paterno people’ think about what I do with this program. I’ve done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I’m tired of it.
“For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now.”
He continued:
“I’m trying to field the most competitive football team I can with near-death penalty ----ing sanctions. Every time I say something like that and somebody prints it, it’s skewed as an excuse. And I’m not an excuse-maker. I’m trying to do the best I can for the kids in that program. That’s all I care about is the kids in that program. As long as I’m the head football coach here.”
Somewhere during that rant, O’Brien dropped an even bigger bombshell.
“That’s why, in probably about a month, they’re gonna be ----ing looking for a new coach.”
Jones did what reporters do. He let O’Brien continue to vent, and when O’Brien finally calmed down, Jones asked O’Brien if he was actually leaving, to which O’Brien replied, “I’m not leaving.”
O’Brien may not have been planning to leave at that time, but when the Texans came calling, it offered O’Brien refuge from the inner-politics of a continually turbulent time at Penn State, and ultimately, he couldn’t turn down that offer.

No comments: