Monday, July 27, 2009

Feagin Gone

Okay, for what it's worth, this is just another player in a long line of players that have either left of their own volition or been shown the door. However, it's the sheer AMPLITUDE of players that this has happened to in the last 12-18 months.

Let's look at the list. (Granted, some of these players wouldn't be on the roster THIS YEAR, but they left early none the less):

1. Wermers - but was academically ineligible
2. Feagin - QB that moved to slot...I think he was making a difference.
3. Boren - Legacy that transferred to OHIO STATE
4. McGuffie - Definite Impact Player
5. Mallet - Probable Starter that transferred to Arkansas
6. Tony Clemons - Slot receiver with 16 catches for 106 yards last year
7. Arrington - Enough said
8. Manningham - same

I think there's more, but this is what I remember.....

thin ice:

Kevin Grady - enough said.....

Now. Any of these singularly aren't that big of a story, but when you add it all up, it's a big story. AS in "What the hell is going on in Ann Arbor?"

So, what do you make of it? I figure some of it is going on all the time with lesser names and we just never heard about it much before. But with a team that looked anemic at times last year, I would think you would want anyone with a pulse that could pull on a jersey to hang around if you have invested the time and effort into them. Academic ineligibility is a whole other issue, and maybe Wermers should be off the list.

I am sure more detail will come out on Feagin, but it's the fact that Michigan has fallen into a quagmire of who's left and will they be any good discussions that has me really irritated. For years, I never thought we would become like the Domers, the Cornsuckers, FSU, Miami, etc....Yet here we are.

Is that to say that the Sport of College Football is just what it is without character checks any more? I don't know, but it makes me truly worried for what might come out of Ann Arbor for the next 3-4 years. Unfortunately, Rod is the coach and I doubt he is leaving anytime soon and we won't be looking to can him anytime soon and assume the cost of his contract and another Head Coach...Michigan will muddle through, I suppose.

It's simply not what it used to be.

More News:

Cissocar Arrested. Discuss.

No comments: