Monday, September 22, 2008

I Am Kind of Glad Michigan Didn’t Play

Well, it’s always a good weekend when Michigan doesn’t lose…So I guess it was a good weekend.

I also got to see one of the two teams that I hate the most lose, and it was the one that deserved to lose, so that was even better….

But I would have to say the best thing that happened this weekend was that one of the MMQ’s predictions is probably closer to reality today than it was on Friday…but more on that in a minute.

SPARTY – DOMERS: Well, somebody had to lose. I was personally rooting for Sparty and rooting “against” the Domers here. I know, I know…That puts me in the same category of all the Spartys I know that root for anyone who is playing Michigan. But, let’s face reality…Could we REALLY handle an undefeated Domer team this week? Doesn’t it look much better to see that loss in the column next to their name…There would have been top 25 BS and all that if they had won…So we avoided THAT for at least a couple of more games. But as the Domers wind through the cream puff part of their schedule, we will start seeing more of this….As far as Sparty goes: I am paying attention. Hoyer doesn’t bother me. Ringer, he bothers me. And the fact that Dantonio seems to have the Spartans looking and playing like a Big Ten Team and their style kind of reminds me of the Suckeye’s and Michigan before the change…Well, I guess you might win the 8 games as I predicted you might this year. It’s just too bad that you will be playing us after we will have gelled in the middle of the season. Stop the laughing – I am hopeful.

GATORLAND – CREMESICLES:
Urban Legend still has not lost to Fullmer. As I stated earlier, not even having Tennessee show up for this game in front of the home crowd just put Fullmer in the number one position on the Hot Seat. I do believe that he is either going to have to retire or they will “make a change” at the end of this season. I am now calling this prediction out as the number one hands down, "It's going to happen" prediction of the year.

LMU – AUBURN KITTY KATS:
Les is the best coach – hands down. I thought the Kitty Kats and Tommy Tutone with his new offense had the game won but LSU seems to find a way in the end…And good coaches always find a way… Look for a fire Tommy T website if he should lose the “rivalry” game against Satan…..

HOAKIES: Solid win over North Carolina….But the ACC is up for grabs and Wake Forest is saying we’re the team to beat with victory over FSU….

PIRATES: Skip Holtz’s stock went down – SLIGHTLY – after losing to NC State…But The Pirates did not fall out of the top 25, so they can still wreak havoc on the BCS if they win out….But they should have beat NC State…I think they were starting to believe in themselves too much…


UP NEXT:

MICHIGAN – CHEESEHEADS: In Ann Arbor. Each coach had two weeks to prepare….Supposed to be good weather…no early prediction. Let’s just see what happens.

HOAKIES AT CORNSUCKERS:
This should be a “BIG GAME” for CornSucker Fans everywhere….Is Pelini the real deal? Are the Blackshirts back and for real? A must see for MMQ Nation…..

SPARTY at HOOTERS: That’s supposed to be Hoosiers, but I figure that got your attention. Could be a let down game for Sparty – but I don’t think those bad habits are going to be a part of this year’s team…Of course, as soon as I say something good about them, they do something stupid….

PENN STATE – ILLINI:
Must see TV for Big Ten Fans….I like the ILINI and Zookie to win this game in Happy Valley…I know, it’s against Vegas…Just a hunch.

BULLPUPPIES and SATAN: Okay – here is where the Fire Satan band wagon starts. Roll Tide Slappies won’t be able to handle losing to Georgia….SEC Game of the week….


HOT SEAT:

1. Fullmer – Has to be. A 1-2 Volunteer team that’s unranked and out of the SEC title hunt makes for long season in Tennessee…
2. Willingham – Needs a win and a bowl….
3. Bowden – Pick one. Tommy is getting by, but Bobby has to be feeling some pressure also….
4. Wuzzles – Lose to MSU after beating Michigan is a no-no….
5. (tie) Spurrier – 23-13 for the fun and gun offense against Wofford isn’t going to make a lot of GameCock fans very happy – Bring on Skip Holtz…SATAN – just because….

Getting Warmer

1. Tressel – Starting a frosh QB and the fans were booing…Suckeye Nation wants 100 points when you play Troy…not 23…
2. Tommy Tutone – Aubun fans will give him the pass because he is beating Bama, but should he start losing THAT game…It’ll only be a matter of time..
3. Rich Rod – A win against a minor rival would be nice…If he loses, 6 wins are going to be tough to come by…

Here's to a Victory over the Cheeseheads!

MMQ

No comments: