Friday, December 7, 2007

Martin's a MORON!!!!

How Dumb Are We????

Okay, let's run this down and count the ways:

First Candidate (But not the Boob's top choice):
1. Les Miles - signed a contract extension with LSU through 2012 after receiving a vote of no confidence from Michigan....
2. Kirk Ferentz - I like Iowa.
3. Greg Schiano - I like Rutgers - and I LOVE PENN STATE!!!!

The Boob is saying, "Now What??? bibbibibbibbiddy....(this is the finger over the lips noise you make when you have no clue what's happening)"

Now, I am REALLY starting to think that I could have handled this search a WHOLE LOT BETTER than the Boob has up to this point, I would have known about all of these candidates and their respective interest in Michigan long before "Right Now". You knew Lloyd was gone. There was Bo's funeral and memorial when Martin and Les could have "chatted" and he could have decided then on Miles and made a statement on him early. There are Big 10 Coach's meetings (that the AD's regularly attend) where a quiet dinner could have been had with Ferentz...Schiano - I pick up the phone and call Jim Carty of the Ann Arbor News and who was a beat writer in Jersey, who knows Schiano well and ask him to arrange an introduction and then I tell Jim to get lost. All things that could have happened BEFORE YOU WERE ON THE NATIONAL STAGE WITH THE CLOCK TICKING, RECRUITS WATCHING AND EVERYONE CONTEMPLATING YOUR NEXT MOVE....

So, If the Boob is as predictable as we all think, then I guess we're on to

4. Gary Pinkell? - See Greg Schiano. This guy has a big ego and has built Mizzou into what it is today..He has a hot QB and only lost to Oklahoma this year...He's not leaving that for Michigan...Even though he is from Ohio and coached Toledo...That's my guess...
5. Jim Tedford - (California) Why would I go to Michigan?
6. Brady Hoke - Sure, I'll coach Michigan...Why not?
7. Peyton -New Orleans Head Coach...He's got a great job in the NFL...why go back to college?

Nope....I am telling you right now that the UM Job is starting to scare the candidates and the next guy they talk to will know that they weren't the 1st,2nd, or 3rd choice...And that will probably turn a lot of guys off to any offer Michigan makes. How you handle the search, per the Boob's "PLAN", is critical. And if his PLAN included bringing embarrassment and a look of incompetence to the AD department, than, by golly, THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THEIR GOALS WITH FLYING COLORS!

I would like to go on record right here that I am embarrassed, maybe that isn't the right word, it's more like HUMILIATED that the University that I associate myself with is showing a greater incompetence in this process than all the other universities out there searching for head coaches combined...

Bill Martin's head should be on a platter and we should also be looking for an AD that knows how to run a department, or at least knows how to handle Public Relations and the press....And understand the politics in the most important sport that his Univeristy is involved with....

MMQ

No comments: